Thursday, June 16, 2005

One Month

I cannot believe our Lanie is going to be one month old tomorrow. I never thought she could change so much in such a short time. She is getting taller, larger, and stronger everyday. She has also grown the most beautiful, longest eyelashes ever, thanks to her daddy's genes.
However these physical changes are nothing compared to how Lanie's personality has grown. She has always seemed to know our voices, but now she is fascinated by our faces. She will sit alertly and stare at us for what seems like hours, but is really only moments. She is also quite fascinated by her "fishie" mobile above her swing. Putting her in her swing is a surefire way for me to get a few moments to eat, shower, or perhaps clean up a little. It only lasts 10-15 minutes, but its amazing how much I can now get done in that time! Lanie is a happy baby who smiles often, but not really in response to anything. I cannot wait for the first time she actually smiles back at us. Lanie's favorite time of the day is bath time. She absolutely loves it! She stretches and turns trying to get every little bit of her body in the water. I think she would stay in there all day if I let her.
I'm sure the next month will bring as many changes as this month. This is both an exciting and scary thought. I can't wait to see every new thing she does, but I do not want the time to go by too fast...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Father's Day David!! And Lanie and Sara too!

Anonymous said...

You took the words right out of my mouth Auntie Erin,,,,,,,Happy First Father's Day David,,,,We love you! Peggy and kids