Monday, October 27, 2008

'My Angel, My Princess"

Every night Lanie whispers "Goodnight my angel" and I reply "Goodnight my princess". It is the sweetest thing ever and it makes me shine with happiness as we're drifting off to sleep. (I used to be the princess and she the angel, until Lanie realized she was the princess, in all regards, and we had to switch.) This morning she totally used our little ritual against me. As I was leaving for work, she woke up and sweetly whispered. "I don't want you to go to work my angel" This was fine until she started yelling "my angel! my angel!" over and over until I was so filled with guilt I didn't want to go to work. I guess she's learning the art of getting what she wants...

3 comments:

Wendy said...

So sweet Sarah. Isn't it amazing the degree to which they can melt your heart. So did you go to work? :) Hope you guys are great.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting all the cute pictures of Lanie and Jack over the summer! Andrew and I really enjoyed them.

Katie B said...

Ahhh...they learn so young! Keep up the good work on the blog--I enjoy checking in. :-)
Katie