Monday, March 03, 2008

Fine folks from Washington



February brought the much anticipated arrival of auntie Erin and uncle Andrew. We had been pumping Lanie up for weeks, and I think the visit met all of her expectations and more. She had a totally captivated and attentive audience for 10 days and basked in the glory of being auntie's little girl. Her and uncle Andrew made more Valentine's cards than I can count. (Jack being the lucky recipient of most)It was almost like she didn't have parents for those few days...Jack fell in love with them both and again loved having non-stop attention. David and I even got to go for a walk at Kerr Dam and out to dinner for Valentine's which was a much-needed treat. In addition I had a wonderful visit with my sister and got to know my new brother-in-law even better. I know it's asking a great deal, but I hope this can be an annual or bi-annual tradition!!!

1 comment:

ballardchick said...

I think that sounds like a fabulous idea. What a great way to dispel the winter blahs!