Thursday, November 29, 2007

Thanksgiving




So much to be thankful for this year, the most obvious being my beautiful, healthy children. I am also so grateful for David and the support he has given me lately in my quest to get into shape. He has encouraged me without any sort of pressure and has been willing to do anything I need to help me in my goals. I am also truly appreciative of what a wonderful father he is. Lanie and Jack do not realize how lucky they are to have the daddy they do. Just the other night, David commented, once again, on how he doesn't understand fathers who choose not to spend time with their kids and use work and other things as an escape. To have such an attentive father is a gift and I hope my kids appreciate this later in life when they are angry at or embarrassed by something that their dad is doing.

4 comments:

ballardchick said...

Wow Sara, you look amazing!

Anonymous said...

Here I go again, looking at this website of your beautiful children and their happy parents and I'm crying with happiness at how blessed you are--and what a wonderful thing to write about David. I just love you guys--happy holidays!
Nicole

Katie B said...

Good for you Sara for getting in shape again. Stick with it--I'll be cheering for you. And good for you Dave for being such a super Daddy and supportive husband! It is wonderful to hear that you are all so happy.

Anonymous said...

I am really not sure where all the mean mother in law jokes came from, even though I know that I am especially blessed I cannot imagine ever being mean to my son in law! David you are the best and I love you,,,,Sara,,,you're my firstborn and as always I love you for who you are and who you chose, I love you for being a great partner, and a fantastic momma to those beautiful babies in their adorable winter hats. I love you for making wonderful choices, and for chosing this magically special life you have with David and the children,,,,,,You are both awesome!
Love Mom